Sunday 3 February 2013

Welcome Back


For months I’ve been pressuring myself when to write again.

Well, today is the day I do.

Its been a month since we welcomed 2013. So its given me a longer time to reflect on 2012.

Oh 2012. So much has happened and yet somehow, I feel like I haven’t recovered from it. Looking back, I knew I did the right thing writing that blog entry.  Although I was quite overwhelmed with my new found fame (only for a week) that I had and the anxiety attacks every now and then, I’m pretty sure it made not only my dad proud, but our whole PUNO, DELGADO, ESCALONA clan. It made us all sleep that night and the nights after that.

Today, I couldn’t help myself, so I ended up writing my name in Google search and revisited the past. That past. I told myself that I was now ready to read all the positive and negative comments of the Filipino people about what I wrote and what they thought about my dad. But I stopped myself.

Because it is now 2013, there’s no reason to look back… unless they were good memories. And mind you, I had. Not a lot, but I had something good to remember about 2012.

So yeah, I’m writing again because I want to. I want to share more stories about the Bureau. I want to write about funny and sad and challenging stories about our work and the people who visit us everyday. I want to defend the people who work at my place. I want to speak up because not a lot of people are brave enough to share their stories. I want to because writing makes me feel alive and it helps me realize that it’s all going to be okay. I want to do this because I’ve seen how powerful the internet can be and how it can change a lot of people’s perspective.

So hello 2013. Hello to writing again. Hello to venting and laughing. Hello to a great year ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment