Friday 14 September 2012

THE MEDIA DARLING


I would like to emphasize that this blog is my personal blog and I write whatever I write and pray and wish that somebody read it. I did not know that writing how I felt about the whole situation made me an instant focus of the media. It’s pretty overwhelming.

I guess the media networks were hungry for information from our side. I do not blame them. So I thank you to all those networks who asked permission to use my blog, I thank the networks who gave up some space for their print or airtime for their program, even though I said no to an exclusive interview. Lastly, I want to thank that NETWORK who did not broadcast me at all. It’s okay. I didn’t want you to anyway.

Today, I am constantly amazed as to how many people have touched my hand, gave me a hug, or approached me just to say that they read my blog and that they are showing their support for our family. I guess our society has changed for the better. But what I am truly amazed is what they tell me after: YOU ARE VERY BRAVE.

This boggles me because I think no child or family member would want to have experienced what we have been experiencing for the past few days. I wrote because I was mad and I wanted to release my feelings. I wrote because I love my father and because I wanted to tell everybody who we truly are. I wrote because EVERY DAUGHTER WOULD DO THAT FOR THEIR FATHER.

As for my new found readers, thank you for spending a few minutes of your time to read what I had to say. If after that you still think we are horrible people, that’s okay. I hope one day we meet you and see for yourself who we truly are. If I somehow changed your mind about us, I hope that there are more people like you. Either way, I respect your opinion as you have respected mine.

I know you’re wondering who Mr. Man is and who the Other Network is. I know I’m also sure that you know whom I am talking about, if not, sooner or later you will.  But unlike him, I am brave enough to say that this is Inna talking. I do not need to pretend that I did not pay a certain personality in a specific network to defend or protect me from rude commentaries or effective question manipulation to confuse viewers/readers as to what is fact and fiction. And this is what I want to put out, if the media or a priest can speculate that my father is a jueteng receiver, can a person like me or any other citizen speculate that specific prominent media personalities receive money to escape public humiliation from the media?

Anyway, I know that this is a touchy subject. What I really want to do today is answer two questions that several media networks have been asking me.

How is our family? We are okay. Coincidentally, today is my Lola’s birthday and the public hearing of my father. I guess its nice to say that it is a good day to celebrate both. It’s a good day to be smiling.

Is there anything you want to add that was not written in your blog? I wish to tell everybody that if you want to choose to be a public servant, you do not only prepare yourself, but also prepare your family, because you may be thick-skinned, they are not.


lastly, WE ARE A FAMILY WHO STICKS TOGETHER. WE ARE A FAMILY WHO BUILDS ON LOVE AND TRUST. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Inna, I am Gina Escalona De leon, a cousin of yours from Olongapo. My family and I are one with u in this fight. Rest assured that we are praying for the whole family as well as in defending your dad in any way we can. My dad (Jake) was there with Lola Sol yesterday. It is so disgusting to see how other people try to destroy a person and his family whose only fault is to be one with the President in his "Daang Matuwid" and for others to conduct their personal vendetta using their position. I know the truth will prevail. I admire Tito Rico for facing his detractors bravely and for not losing his coolness despite the way That Lady Senator treated him. I also hated the way a TV network delivered the news about him which is obviously for the benefit of a person ( a loser) who happens to be the husband of one of the network's anchorwoman . I have read the Philippine star this morning and i saw the names of the relatives who are working in the Gov't. and I was surprised to see the name of Dennis who happens to be a first cousin of mine because the deranged Senator was the former boss of Dennis meaning to say tito Rico has no hand in his working with Cong. Sonny Angara. I know this will soon be over, regards to the whole family and pls greet lola Sol a belated Happy Birthday. If there is anything we can do pls. don't hesitate to say so, we are here for u.

    ReplyDelete